2000 - Present
Fellow, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (2000-present)
LICENSURE AND CREDENTIALS
Chief of the Medical Staff-Laredo Medical Center
Vice Chief of the Medical Staff-Laredo Medical Center
Chairman Credentials Committee-Laredo Medical Center
Chairman By-Laws Committee-Laredo Medical Center
Laredo Medical Center Board of Trustee-appointed
Chief, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology-Doctors Hospital of Laredo
Chief, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology-Laredo Medical Center
Vice Chief, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology-Laredo Medical Center
Internship and Residency
July 1996-June 2000
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium (SAUSHEC)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Program Director: LTC Randal Robinson
August 1992-May 1996
Texas A&M University Health Science Center
- Degree: Doctor of Medicine
August 1988-May 1992
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Degree: BS in Biomedical Science, Cum Laude
Military Staff Appointments
Luke Womenâ€™s Health Center
Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Wilford Hall Medical Center (2000-2003) Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
United States Air Force, Major (sep) Honorable Discharge-July 2004
- Final Rank: Major (sep)
Professional Societies & Memberships
American Medical Association
Texas Medical Association
Webb County Medical Society
The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
The Texas Association of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
The American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Honors & Awards
Corps of Cadets, Army ROTC, Scholastic Achievement Award for Company D-2
Texas A&M University Corps of Cadets Distinguished Student Award
Texas A&M University Presidential Achievement Award
Company D-2 Scholastics Officer
General O.R. Simpson Corps Honor Society
Outstanding Chief Resident in Obstetrics
Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures
Laredo Morning Times' 2012 Reader's Choice Award for BEST OB/GYN of the year.
Most Compassionate Doctor Award, Vitals.com
Top Doctor Award, Healthgrades.com
Laredo Morning Times' 2013 Reader's Choice Award for BEST OB/GYN of the year.
- Gonzalez DI, Gobern J, Krivak T, Gordon M. Guest Editorial: Stump the Professor, Sickle Cell Hemolytic Crisis Diagnosed in Pregnancy. Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey. Vol 55(4), April 2000. Presented at the ACOG National Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1999.
- Capt Dagoberto I. Gonzalez, LtCol Christopher M. Zahn, Maj Matthew Retzloff, Maj William F. Moore, LtCol Edward Kost, Col Russel Snyder. Recurrence of Dysplasia Following Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedures with Long-Term Follow-Up. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2001; 184:315-21. Presented and awarded Outstanding Scientific Paper at the Armed Forces Annual District Meeting in Kissimmee, Florida, 1998. Presented and Awarded Second Place in Clinical Research at the Annual Air Force Clinical Surgeons Meeting in San Antonio, Texas, 1998. Selected for presentation to the San Antonio Ob/Gyn Society, September, 1999.
- Sherman RP, Groll JM, Gonzalez DI, Aerts MA, Black widow spider (Latrodectus mactans) envenomation in a term pregnancy. Curr Surg 2000 Jul 1:57(4):346-348. Presented at the Annual Air Force Clinical Surgeons Meeting in Biloxi, Mississippi, 2000.
- Christopher Zahn MD, Dagoberto I. Gonzalez MD, Sara Kennedy CNP, Jeffrey Hines, Low-dose oral contraceptives effects on thromboelastogram criteria and relationship to hypercoagulability, Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003; 189:1.
- Dagoberto I. Gonzalez, MD, Clinical Pearls, Ob.Gyn. News, October 15, 2005.
- Selected by the USAF as a Special Experience Identifier (SEI).
- Selected based on language capabilities and international experience .
- Work in conjunction with international health specialist in coordinating future missions.
- Usulatan, El Salvador
- Clinical obstetrics & gynecology in a school room setting .
- Presented lecture on Osteoporosis to local physicians.
- Jinotega & Matagalpa, Nicaragua
- Clinical obstetrics & gynecology in a school room setting.
- Presented lecture on Vaginitis to local physicians
- Easter Island, Chile
- Humanitarian mission with the Chilean Air Force clinical and surgical assistance in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- High level of interaction with Chilean Air Force officers and government officials.
- Monterrey, Mexico
- Humanitarian mission with physicians from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico .
- Assisted with surgical procedures (orthopedics and general surgery) .
- Interaction with local physicians
- Nuevo Laredo, Tamps, Mexico
- Humanitarian mission to under served areas within city limits clinical assistance
- Interaction with local physicians
2007 - 2009
Berks County Free Medical Clinic Free Gynecological Evaluations.
2005 - 2006
Martha's Clinic Free Evaluations.
- English, Spanish